Tuesday 6 February 2007

Hello, apple!


Peer closely at the picture and tell me what you see.

An apple, right? A simple, white (greyish, if you like) apple. But it's not a real apple. It's not even an ordinary apple. It's an irresistable, extraordinary apple. In fact, it's a MacBook Apple!

Marvel at my new toy, folks! It's MY MacBook, running on Intel's 2.00GHz Core 2 Duo processor. I'm no good at giving you the lowdown specs on this machine but I absolutely love the glossy display. There's no issue with reflection. Besides, it makes my screen look so much brighter.



Best of all, it's dual boot and I'm running both the Mac OS X and Windows XP Home operating systems. I wouldn't have bought this MacBook if not for this fact.

I was in the market for a laptop but was rather undecided on what to get. Then I saw the MacBook and my mind was made up pretty fast! I really needed the dual boot because in my line of work, I still need to run some proprietary programs in a WinXP environment. So, buying this apple does not mean a total "goodbye dos, goodbye windows" yet.

Meanwhile, getting used to the new Mac OS X was rather easy. Not very intuitive at first but you'll soon get used to it.

But even right now, there's still a lot to learn from this little beast. The adventure continues...

P.S. I also treat the MacBook like gold. If it's not used, it goes pop, into my new laptop backpack.

No comments: