Monday 9 April 2007

Don't over-react, lah!

Last Friday, the New Straits Times reported deputy prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak as saying that Malaysians, especially the media, should not overreact to bomb scares as they could cause chaos.

I say, I say, I say .... am I to believe that such words are uttered by a person so high in the government?

Don't over-react? Should we not over-react to bomb scares? Are we to nonchalently continue with using the Penang Bridge even though there may be a bomb planted there? Should we not be scared? Are we only to react only if a bomb actually goes off? Are we to be the guinea pigs or the victims of a bomb blast, if there is one? Would you like to be the guinea pig and go across the bridge first and then tell us it is save??

My mind boggles....

No comments: