Sunday 27 May 2007

Charming Chams

I mentioned several weeks ago that my wife was in Cambodia for a holiday. I let her use my camera even though she had never seriously used it before. Even though I had primed her on how to use it and how to frame the subjects, I was prepared for some howlarious results.

Surprisingly, almost all the photos she took came out fine. Gee.... over the next few days, I hope to show some of the nicer and more memorable shots here.

First, this picture was taken along the Mekong River. It's such an idyllic life. People resting by the river bank and a very picturesque boat waiting to take passengers on a sunset cruise for USD4 per person. I suppose this must be the boat's pilot.


Along the way from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap, the bus stopped by a Cham village where a wedding was in progress.


The Chams are Muslims so this turned out to be a Muslim wedding. According to my wife, the food was very simple, consisting of only one dish and the whole village had turned out for the occasion.


This is the bride and groom. She was in a very resplendent red gown while he was dressed rather simply.


Life in the village was also very simple and here, young Cham children were running about and taking pleasure in seeing foreigners in their own country.

No comments: