Sunday 23 September 2007

My vanda orchid's spiking! (2)

It was only a few days ago that the spike on my vanda orchid was starting to bloom but yesterday and today, the flowers began opening. It's really exciting to see them open one by one. The flowers aren't exactly blue but more on the purple side. I've been told this is the Vanda Pachera's Delight, a vanda hybrid, but I'm not totally sure. But I don't care. The orchid is having its maiden spike in my house and all I can be bothered about right now is to admire it.


Below is another view of the same orchid blooms. It's closer to the actual colour than the picture above.


To top up a fascinating weekend, my oncidium is also blooming. It's quite a hardy plant as it can grow without much fuss. And the flowers look like little dancing damsels.


The first bloom on my white cattleya after I had cut it into two. This is the original plant left behind in the pot. The flower started opening up last night at about 9pm and it was too late for me to take any picture of it. This morning, it had already reached this state. This morning too, I noticed that the cattleya orchid that I had repotted three months ago has just started to push out a new pseudobulb. Yayy!


And this is my other cattleya plant. Nice, red colours but it doesn't allow for a good definition in this picture. I'll try again later...

No comments: