Monday 29 October 2007

My latest orchid blooms

I haven't been blogging about my orchids lately, so here are some photos of my latest blooms. I'm also including a picture of a specie of the nepenthes plant. Mean-looking pitchers at the end of the leaves. The tendrils look positively menacing!


This is one of my favourite plants. Everytime it blooms, I never fail to admire the colour. Moreover, its fragrance fills the whole porch. Unfortunately, this picture doesn't do justice to the flowers' actual colours.


Actually, this rochussenii flower is small - one of about 20 or 30 that grew from a single spike. By itself, it doesn't look impressive but when the whole bunch of them blooms together, it's rather impressive.


I bought this orchid plant recently after falling in love with its unusual bloom. It looks like only a single bloom but there are seven flowers here. Unfortunately, they are not robust and don't last long.


Finally, this is the nepenthes plant that I mentioned. A real aggro plant, judging by the four-inch cups. I hope mosquitoes find their way into them.

2 comments:

XMOCHA said...

love your orchids. more pls

Anonymous said...

Wow,I like your picture very much.Thanks for beautiful orchid.[^_^]