Friday 23 November 2007

Party or personality?

I smell elections in the air. The strong, dense pong of a general election. In fact, everybody - from the ordinary people in the streets to the politicians in high circles - smell this smell of elections. It's pervading every fabric of society. Expectancy in the air.

Now, when it comes to making your choice, will you choose the personality or the party? Will you be swayed by what a vote for the party means to the governance of the country or will you be attracted to the persuasions of the individuals that represent their respective parties?

In my opinion, it should be choosing the party over the person. It shouldn't matter who the individual is, because when you look at the BIG PICTURE, it's always the party, not the individual. Which is the ultimate reason why you are exercising your voting rights in the first place, isn't it?

But then, when you look back at the present batch of people who have been voted into Parliament, you sort of like to think, gee, was my opinion correct? The utterances that come out from their mouths makes me think whether I, myself, should change my own opinion!

A typical example: when I look at this batch of people below, I think it's better that in the next general election, I should change my outlook to look at the personality rather than the party. I wouldn't want to be represented by a circus party. We don't need bozos like them....

1 comment:

Jeffrey Chew said...

Mr Quah, I think thousands would agree with you without a blink. I will do the same this election. A vote for changing the course of the country and voting out Clowns who are now taking charge of things