Tuesday 25 December 2007

Climbing BM Hill again

Made another climb up the hill at Cherok To'Kun today. Again, I used the less travelled hiking trail that took me into the dense undergrowth. But even if this trail is less popular with folks, there were quite a lot of people overtaking me on the way up or crossing my path on their way down.


It was so peaceful and quiet on this trail that I could positively hear my hard breathing as I huffed and puffed to haul myself up. Here's how picturesque it could be on the trail.


There are two things I learnt during this climb. First, one climb is never the same as another even if you trod along the same path. Unlike my previous climb, I found myself out of breath! Second, never bend down and stand up too many times, and never try to look up, down and everywhere if you are not fit enough because coupled with your panting - a sign that you already lack oxygen in your bloodstream - chances are very great that you will lose your equilibrium. Your head will swim. It was a totally surreal experience. I felt like throwing up, passing gas and urinating all at the same time. I had to rest for some 20 minutes with my eyes shut before I could recover sufficiently to continue along the way. Here was where I rested:

No comments: