Saturday 26 April 2008

Football danger

Manchester United are playing at Stamford Bridge tonight and I'm fearing for the worst.

What do I fear? I fear that their opponents will have a psychological advantage in tonight's big game because they had managed to squeak out a 1-1 draw with the Fried Livers in the Champion's League while Manchester United only came away with a scoreless draw against Barcy. Alex Ferguson may put on a brave front but it couldn't have done much to boost his team's morale, especially with Cristiano Ronaldo's missed penalty.

Still, I'm hoping for the best from tonight's encounter. This season's campaign better not ground to a halt at this most crucial time!

UPDATE: My worst fears came true. They are now level on points with Manchester United and we still have a big game coming up on Wednesday morning. My hope now is for the team to brush this setback aside and get down to the task of beating Barcelona. I know it's not going to be easy but they have got a job to do and they'd better do it right! As for the Premiership title, it's down to the wire. They must now really win the last two games or else it'll be kaput for them. If that happens, there'll be no one else to blame but themselves.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Expect the worse of the worse

Unknown said...

have faith in the Red Devils

Jeffrey Chew said...

The blues eventually rules!