Thursday 17 April 2008

Rape of Pulau Jerejak continues...

Last month (15 Mar 2008), I blogged about the indiscriminate cutting of the hill on Pulau Jerejak. I had even informed the local newspapers about this. Unfortunately, nobody was interested enough in this destruction of nature.


The clearing of this part of Pulau Jerejak is being done very systematically.


Today, as I drove by, I noticed that the hill is now totally denuded. Human being, in the name of progress, has triumphed. I'm sure the state government knows about this. I'm sure there are some pretty vocal socio-political environmentalists who have read about this but are keeping quiet. Unfortunately, nobody seems to care about the world around us anymore. What more can I say??

1 comment:

Jeffrey Chew said...

I have done a favor. You need to ask the right question at the right forum. Hence, I have done you a great favor. Write to this man ... as he was speaking about Pulau Jerejak. So go ahead and point it out. I will be meeting him soon too :)

http://chow.blogsome.com/2008/04/13/no-adverse-impact-on-flora-on-pulau-jerejak/