Friday 30 May 2008

House of sin

My colleagues pulled me off to TGIF for lunch today. It wasn't the first time that I ate there but it was certainly the first time that I ordered the three-course set lunch.

Already, by the time I finished the main course of fettucine with grilled chicken, I was feeling quite full. You know how pasta dishes can be like, especially when the cook goes crazy with the cheese and creamy sauces. ES even had to give up on his meal. We had both chosen the same dish.

However, I was quite unprepared for the dessert. In fact, none of us were prepared. The staff at TGIF had recommended their house specialty - mocha mud pie - but we never expected the portion that came. It was a real struggle to finish it. I couldn't. Neither could Ted, although you couldn't tell from the photo, could you? Incredibly, YT managed to do justice to his serving! I really have to acknowledge him as the sifu of the day.

What goes into the mocha mud pie? I was told it's three inches deep of mocha ice cream with a layer of chocolate, deep frozen for two days, then sliced up when a customer orders it. It's then topped librally with mocha powder, sprinkled with almond slices and then .... served with fudge, all gooey and sticky. Now, isn't that really sinful? I don't think I can ever look at fettucine and mocha mud pies again for a long, long time.....

UPDATE: It's way past midnight and I'm still having a caffeine buzz! I'm feeling so wide awake.

No comments: