Tuesday 10 June 2008

Penang Bridge expansion is taking too long

I had just barely left my house this morning when Jeffrey forwarded a most disturbing SMS to me: "Pg bridge massive jam fr prai-pg 6.30am b'coz they never seem 2 finish nightshift work on time.it happened last mth 4 a few days n again 2 day.everybody late!"

This message is not the end of the world but it's still disturbing enough for motorists like me who are held at ransom by the rising oil prices and the never-ending work on the bridge. Getting caught in a jam means a wastage of petrol which we can now ill afford.

As I was just barely out of the house, I turned back to check the Penang Bridge blog. Yes, there was a huge jam on the bridge, as these poor quality images from the blog can attest. Luckily, I was still able to operate from home for a hour while I waited for the jam to ease.

But the point is, the Penang Bridge expansion is taking far too long to complete. With each passing day, our frustration grows. If only UEM Builders can speed up their work. I don't want to wait until the end of next year before I can travel smoothly on the bridge. Goodness knows, by that time, what's the price of petrol going to be like, but that's another story.


1 comment:

TZ said...

*Sigh*... now the government only looking @ the public transport... it's too late :-(

Thanks to all the miss manage of certain group of ppl... we are suffering rite now.