Sunday 20 July 2008

Busy Saturday

Yesterday evening was a very bad day for Internet connectivity. I thought the problem was isolated to my local area around Bukit Mertajam but I was informed by a friend in KL that the connectivity also sucked there. So I wasn't alone....

Anyway, I was too busy yesterday with a lot of things. First, a visit to the Seberang Jaya Hospital to visit a relative who has just come out from major surgery several days ago. Such visits can be pretty sombre because you'll normally get to hear the story first-hand from the relative's spouse or children and it will never be an easy story. All the details will pour out and well, they do affect you in all sorts of ways.

Second, I spent a long time re-installing some of my essential programs on my desktop computer. It's not all done yet but I'm getting there. I must say that without all the old baggage, the machine runs faster. I've got to learn to be more discerning about what I keep as my programs. I did try that the last time but ended up by screwing the machine. Better luck this time, I hope!

Thiird, clearing the old newspapers from the house is never an easy task. There are items that I want to keep for reference but for that, it practically meant having to sort through the pile of papers and turning the pages one by one. Arghh...

Last, and this is very rare for me, I managed to watch a movie from Astro, our satellite TV provider! Whoa...this is practically like striking it big at a lottery. But there I was, last night at about 10.30pm, plonked down in front of the idiot box to watch Night At The Museum. The best bits in the movie? The frisky dinosaur and the irrepressible Attila the Hun Hun. Watch Attila. Watch Attila the Hun. Watch Attila the Hun run run. Come to think of it, I wouldn't have watched it if not for Robin Williams starring in a supporting role. Anyway, I enjoyed myself although I had to break my intention to sleep early....

Ho hum....awoke this morning with the moon's rays shining directly into the bedroom. Darn, it's still as bright as two days ago when it was the full moon. Moreover, it's path of descent takes it right in my line of sight. So it shines directly into my face!

Anyhow, today's schedule will not be any lighter, I can assure you!

No comments: