Thursday 25 September 2008

BM Hill's NATO: no action, talk only

About a month ago, I had an exchange of SMS with someone in the state government. He knew that I have long been unhappy with the physical conditions at the Bukit Mertajam forest park so at the first opportunity he had, he texted me saying that he happened to be with the Head of Penang's state forestry department. Was there any message that he could convey on my behalf?

You bet I did! I couldn't imagine letting this chance pass by. I texted him to tell this chap to check on his field staff. Do they know what needs repairs in the forest parks? At BM hill, for example, facilities are falling apart and the ranger there doesn't even know. Or even if he knows, he's not doing anything. Have the broken concrete pathways, soil erosion, broken bridges been reported or escalated?

I even forwarded him these two photos that were in my mobile photo. I urged him to show them to this fella. I even urged him to come with this fella to the forest park and have a first-hand look at the dilapidated condition.

I don't know whether or not the pictures were shown to the forestry guy. But I do know that until today, the bridge is still in deep disrepair and the broken concrete pathway remains, well, a broken concrete pathway.

What, lah!

No comments: