Sunday 21 September 2008

Finally, patience pays off with my orchids

I haven't been writing about my plants lately so it's the right time to say that I'm so happy with two of my orchid plants. This one below was bought at the Penang Flora Fest in May 2007. When I bought it, it had already flowered and when the flowers withered away, I cut off the spike. Since then, it had been a long wait for it to spike again: 16 months to be exact. The plant grew to be about twice its original height and it kept putting out root after root. Only recently did I notice this new spike. What a relief! Now to wait for the yellow flowers.


The wait for this one to flower is even longer. I had moved to Bukit Mertajam almost four years now and this plant had flowered only once. So it has been something like 40 months or so since the last occasion. Funny...I can't really remember how the flowers looked like so it is with a lot of curiosity and anticipation that I wait the new few weeks.

No comments: