Saturday 27 September 2008

Phishing scam

It's really true that there's a sucker born every minute. Here's a guy, already 30 years old, a manager some more, falling for a cheap phishing trick. I've no pity for him. If you visit any bank website, you'll clearly see warnings telling you not to click on any link in emails that are purportedly sent by banks. Phishing is just a way that scammers use to get you to give them your Login ID and password. My simple advise if you receive such emails: IGNORE the message. DELETE the email.

“The email looked genuine," he wailed. "I was told to change my bank account password for safety reasons and to avoid being cheated by cyber frauds. I did not suspect anything amiss until I received an SMS from my bank to tell me that RM4,935 had been withdrawn."

Here is the story in today's The Star:

No comments: