Tuesday 16 December 2008

New Malaysia: What about SXI, CLS and PFS?

Wong Chun Wai, seems to have stirred up a small hornet's nest by questioning why illustrious old schools like St Xavier's Institution, Convent Light Street, Chung Ling High School and Penang Free School were not featured on the latest stamps issued by Pos Malaysia.

I don't want to wade into the issue but I'd like to show here the singular honour given to my alma mater when she celebrated her sesquicentenary (150 years) way back on 21 Oct 1966.


Of course, I can afford to feel indifferent over the whole matter since my alma mater had already been featured on the stamps but I share the indignation of others who felt that their old equally illustrious schools should appear on the stamps too. Passion can indeed run very deep when one talks about one's own alma mater.

I'm looking forward to the school's bicentenary on 21 Oct 2016. That's just eight years away. I do hope there'll be another First Day Cover for the occasion.

No comments: