Wednesday 21 January 2009

Penang's Free WiFi launched

Sometimes, I think there are too many people in Penang who are bonkers. They see threats in everything. Like, for example, they see health threats from the Free WiFi service that has been launched in Penang despite there being no conclusive proof of dangers from such electro-magnetic waves. These are the people who should not own television sets, these are people who should demand that satellites be removed from the skies, these are the people who should not own microwave ovens, these are the people who should not own mobile telephone units, these are the people who should ship out and stay on a desert island.

Ha ha .... of course, I'm being a little irrelevant here. But seriously, I'm all for the Free WiFi service that the Penang government has been pushing through. And I hope to be at the Bukit Jambul Complex tomorrow to sign up for it. Free Wifi may not be available in Bukit Mertajam yet but I want to show the world - or at least, the bonkered ones in Penang - that I'm prepared for it and I'm embracing it wholeheartedly.

No comments: