Saturday 11 April 2009

Cirrhopetalum (2)

I took more photos of the cirrhopetalum orchid this morning because there's so much beauty in the orderly arrangement of nature. The flowers are now fuller, having opened a bit more since last night. I can see more of the creamy petals when I look down at the bunch from the top. Even then, this array is only slightly bigger than a 20 cent coin.


This is a more common view, as seen from the side. Nothing very spectacular unless I'm seeing it for the first time. I can almost peer into the flower.


And I consider this a very unique view. Having seen the flowers from the top and the side, I wondered how it would look from the bottom. I turned the plant on its side and aimed the camera upwards into the array. Interesting, there's no break in the concentric ring of individual flowers.


Finally, this is a real close-up look. The flowers are so small, yet the detail was breath-taking. My lens was no more than one centimetre away from it. I had to be careful not to allow the flowers' secretion smear the lens.

1 comment:

XMOCHA said...

wow, this is one of the loveliest orchids I have seen!!