Saturday 11 April 2009

Misty on BM hill

While on the way home yesterday, I was commenting to my friend Eric that the Bukit Mertajam hill wasn't looking very inviting. It had been raining quite a lot lately and the hill was shrouded in mist. Could I attempt a walk up the hill in this weather? Just a week ago, my wife and I were completely drenched as we didn't bring an umbrella with us. However, my spirits were lifted when I arrived in Bukit Mertajam. No rain, just mist.


I couldn't help but notice that the stream was swollen. Ground was very damp and soggy at places. As I walked up, I also noticed that at several places, big and small trees had fell across the track. I could still pass beneath the fallen trees but had to bend my head to pass through. Never had to do that previously. There's a particular danger at one point because the fallen trunk was huge and it was precariously perched up at one end against some other trees. Give it three or four years and I would think the trunk will collapse eventually. But in the meantime, it'll still be a possible danger to people who had to bend down to go through.


Anyway, I finally reached the tea house. The whole place was rather misty with cool breeze blowing at me. It was an absolutely wonderful feeling.

No comments: