Monday 18 May 2009

Singing competition

I don't normally watch the Chinese channels on television but I sat down to Astro's channel 301 last night, having been alerted to it last week by an ex-colleague friend from the bank. Reason? Another ex-colleague of mine was appearing in a programme that was being telecast live: the golden classical melody singing competition.

Now, if anyone from Ban Hin Lee Bank had heard Lee Soo Hock sing before, you'd want to support him in any way possible. So I plonked myself in front of the idiot box (television) and endured through the efforts of the other contestants before Lee Soo Wei (that's the stage name he had adopted way back in 1987) came on to hog the whole screen, which he did at about 8.45pm.


Soo Hock being Soo Hock, he has his legion of fans who turned up to watch him in person. It was a very good natured competition but the cheers for him was among the loudest. Apparently, a crowd favourite. Unfortunately, I could not watch until the end of the competition because my whole family - can't compete with three female members of the family who decided to gang up against me - wanted to watch the final of the Sudirman Cup that was being shown live too. They, having seen China's Lin Dan dispose of Lee Chong Wei on Saturday night, they wanted to watch him in action again against Korea's SH Park.

Therefore, sorry, I don't know how the singing competition turn out. Did Soo Hock win? No idea. I need others to tell me....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He got the 2nd place. :)

Ferguson said...

Well,

It does not matter whether you enter a singing contest to be a big star or to just have fun; the fact is you want to win it, if possible. A singing contest pits you against a lot of quality singers, who may or may not be better than you. There will be professional as well as amateur singers against you in the competition. The point is you can beat all of them. You just have to follow the given set of tips.