Thursday 18 June 2009

Sleeping is hard work

I thought that I was still a superman but it's becoming more apparent that I'm not. I was under the weather yesterday and after coming back from the clinic, immediately went to bed. Had a long snooze and before I knew it, it was time for lunch. A late lunch. So I went to the InsaDunia food court near the house for a bowl of soup.

Mmm...met some old ex-colleagues there: Eugene, Wai Min, Angie, Liew and Seong Lye. They had just finished a meeting at the CIMB branch nearby and was having their lunch too. "It's nice to see," I commented to them, "that former Ban Hin Lee Bank friends are still sticking together after all these years, even in meetings." Yes, old friends and old colleagues have that certain loyalty to one another, don't they?

After my lunch, I again went home for a long snooze, woke up at about 4.30pm and decided that I couldn't be spending the whole day sleeping. I dragged myself off the bed and went for a leisurely climb up the hill. Refreshing. Cleared my head of the cobwebs. But the newly acquired state of the mind didn't last long. By 10pm, I decided it was time to hit the sack again. I didn't wake up until 7am today. Gosh, what a long day sleeping....

No comments: