Saturday 24 April 2010

Lily pond's back to normal

Whenever I am at the Penang Botanic Garden, which is not often enough, I always try to make it a point to stroll to the lily pond. In my opinion, it's the best place to be at the Garden as it's more secluded and cooler than the rest of the place. Here is the entrance to the lily pond which is next to the Orchid House.


The two parallel paths to the pond are short walks, probably not more than 50 metres from the road that goes round the Garden. The paths are well shaded and the whole place is, well, full of greenery. To complete the picture, there's even a small stream flowing between them.


I was very pleasantly surprised when I visited the pond on Wednesday. The water has returned and the pond is brimming with life. I don't know when this had happened, but I was greatly disappointed the last time I was there in June last year. Then, the pond was dry as a bone.


Here's another view of the pond. I think it's fantastic how the lilies are thriving.


And yet another picture. I was impressed that the water was clear. No murkiness at all. The Garden authority has done a good job to revitalise the place.

No comments: