Sunday 21 November 2010

Fish head at Shusi

As usual, sometimes you have to be at the right place at the right time. For me, everything fell into the right place today where food was concerned. There I was, feeling famished after coming down from Batu Gantung and I decided to go for a banana leaf rice lunch at my favourite Shusi Restaurant in Penang Street, George Town. No sooner had I sat down and the rice and vegetables were plonked down on my banana leaf when the boss himself appeared with a fish head the size of a clenched fist. "You want it?" he asked.


Of course! It has been many, many years since I last had a fish head at his establishment. Normally, he would only serve fish meat but once in a long while, the odd fish head or two would find its way into the cooking pot. The odds of fish head being cooked and me visiting his restaurant at the right time must be pretty long itself. So I consider myself lucky today.

No comments: