Wednesday 26 January 2011

Ceiling fan

I've been neglecting this blog for far too long. I've been so busy in the last six weeks that I've little time to log in and add anything new to it. Unfortunately, it's going to be the same until possibly after Chap Goh Meh, the 15th day of the Chinese New Year. So do excuse me if this blog remains spotty.

Actually, I've got a neck ache as I write. It's because among some of the things that I've been doing lately is to stare up at ceilings. You don't know how nice some of these ceilings can be until you stand directly beneath and look up at them. And sometimes, it's not the ceiling patterns that impresses you but the ornaments that hang down from the top.


These pictures, above and below, were taken at the Kapitan Keling Mosque in Pitt Street, George Town. The one below was taken beneath the dome. It didn't strike me to stand right under the chandelier because the lens on my camera wasn't wide enough to capture the full circle. The next opportunity I have, I shall have to try better and be more prepared.



These second set of pictures, above and below, were snapped at the Kek Lok Si Temple in Ayer Itam. The one above is located at the first big prayer hall when you arrive at the temple. The second one below is at the inner prayer hall. You'd need to pay an entrance fee to go into this part of the temple but it will also allow you to climb up the pagoda.


And finally, there's this single picture which I took at the Penang Supreme Court building in Light Street, George Town. It's easy to miss it if you enter the building from the wrong direction. I won't say much as I'd like to leave you with the thrill of finding it. It's not that difficult. And when you do, it will take your breathe away. I know it did mine.

No comments: