Thursday 24 March 2011

Scumbag politics

I hear that they are being investigated under the Penal Code for possession and distribution of obscene materials. I think they should also be investigated for blackmail, defamation, etc. So shameful, the dirty depths that some politicians are willing to descend to. I only hope that the Police and the Federal government have the guts to prosecute them and see through the prosecution till the end.

When I was barely into my teenaged years, my father mentioned once to me that I should always be careful about politicians and would-be politicians. "Politics," he said, "is a dirty business." At that time, I accepted his advice at face value without asking why. No reason why I should want to know more when I was just 13 or 14 years old.

But of course, we learn as we grow older. In this country, especially, we know why politics is a "dirty business." Politicians and would-be policians will stoop at nothing to destroy other people. I don't have any strong political leanings but I know injustice when I see it. And this episode ranks as one of the worst attempts at dirty politics. Crooks, they say, have a code of ethics. Unfortunately, not scumbag politicians. Not by a long shot.

No comments: