Monday 7 November 2011

NZ travelogue: Pukemara

Erm, I've got very little to say about this sign except that I drove past it and then decided to make a U-turn in order to take its photograph. It's not a road sign but the name of someone's homestead along the highway linking Omarama to Wanaka on New Zealand's South Island. The name obviously meant a lot to the proud owner but you know, to us Malaysians, it meant something else and I'm not even going to give it a translation!


UPDATE: With the help of Google Maps, I have now managed to zero down the location of this place. It's actually along the Lindis Pass-Tarras Road before the junction with Bells Lane. The reason I noticed the sign was because I had slowed down sufficiently to turn into Bell Lane. The signpost may be blurred out in this picture but the row of trees in the far distance on the right is unmistakably clear enough.


And of course, this is the satellite view of Pukemara itself:





No comments: