Sunday 25 March 2012

Three reunions

My recent trip to Singapore was quite unique in the sense that I had three separate reunions with families or friends.

This was the first one with my sister's family. The lunch reunion was held at a Chinese restaurant called simply the Soup Restaurant in Causeway Point, which connected to the Woodlands MRT station. The food was not too bad and everyone agreed that their signature Samsui Ginger Chicken dish was excellent. I wouldn't mind having another go at that plate!

Obviously, this is not family at all. Rather, these four other guys are just some of my old school pals who now stay in Singapore. Not sure about Kah Kheng but Kok Chuan, Nai Kwang and Teik Kooi have all given up their Malaysian citizenship, some long ago and some quite recently. The dinner was held at a Chinese restaurant called Pu Tien along Kitchener Road. The food was unique but good. We met up with Derek for a late night meal of crabs and prawns in Toa Payoh. On another night, Kheng Hock, Michael, Teik Kooi and us went to the Geylang area for beef hor fun. So it was eat, eat, eat all the way!

Now, this was definitely family on my wife's side. A whole bunch of relatives who are now staying in Singapore. Apart from my brother-in-law and his family, we were visited by my father-in-law's two brothers. That's the three of them seated on the left.



No comments: