Thursday 24 May 2012

NZ travelogue: Little Farm Homestay in Oamaru

I didn't expect my wife to catch me having a quiet conversation with our hostess, Julie Barclay, before breakfast at The Little Farm Homestay in Oamaru, New Zealand. We had just returned from watching the penguins at the Bushy Beach Scenic Reserve and we were famished. We arrived back at the house just as Julie was putting the finishing touches on our breakfast and I was curious to see what she had prepared for us.

We were quite surprised by the hearty portions before us. I had thought that our breakfast couldn't be better than the one we ate at the Albatross Inn just the day before but obviously, I was wrong. Delightfully wrong, as it turned out because this breakfast topped everything else that we had.


As can be seen from the picture, there was quite a lot of food on the plate. And as we ate, Julie was always nearby to engage us in conversation about our visit to her country. We shared a lot of information. This is definitely one of the better examples of homestay programmes. My wife wasn't disappointed with the stay here.

All too soon, we had to leave but not before we undertook a quick look around her compound. It is really a place to relax if you have all the time in the world.



And finally, here is Saw See with Julie. Hopefully, our paths may cross again one day.




No comments: