Thursday 3 January 2013

A New Year wish fulfilled?

Two days ago, I mentioned in this blog that my wish for 2013 would be to see a more efficient Province Wellesley Municipal Council (Majlis Perbandaran Seberang Perai, MPSP) in relation to upkeeping the cleanliness of my Taman Jernih neighbourhood in Bukit Mertajam. I couldn't imagine then, as I write this piece today, that the story had been read more than a hundred times already.

But action has been taken - swiftly. One of my old friends, Jeffrey, posted up my story on facebook and almost immediately, I was contacted by Steven Sim, one of the MPSP councillors, for details, which I promptly gave him.

And soon enough, he told me that the sweeping contractors, Syarikat Hasbina, do come round to my neighbourhood every Wednesday at around 10 o'clock in the morning. [This actually begs another question: why are the sweepers contracted to come only once a week? It should be a daily job.]

Anyhow, I've got to thank Steven for this quick response. I told him that I would try to keep an eye out for them on Wednesdays. But of course, like I mentioned before in my earlier story, I'm not one who will normally wait to look at life crawling by past my windows. I won't be watching out for them purposely from my windows or stand watching from my house porch for the sweepers to come by. I shall take his word for it that the contracted workers will come to Lorong Jernih 4 and sweep the road clean.




No comments: