Monday 1 July 2013

Old friends


After a long while, I managed to catch up with some of my old school mates yesterday. The occasion was the Penang Free School Homecoming Carnival 2013 at the school field. Bumped into so many people that I knew but the icing on the cake could only be meeting those guys whom we had happily bummed around with since some 40 or 50 years ago.

This picture below was snapped in front of the pavilion. The banner was supposed to have been held up by balloons but it was my fault that I inadvertently released them. Oh, well....



Just take a look at that Subra, will you? At first, we thought that he had dug out his old school uniform and played a oneupmanship game on all of us but on second thoughts, no. But it would have been hilarious if he had actually donned the old school tie as well.


That's us again at lunch. Among the seven of us, I do meet up with Oon Hup, Andrew and Kah Theang occasionally since we are all moving around in Penang but certainly less often meeting up with Abu Huraira or Abdullah Sani. As for Subra, the interval has been even longer. If I'm not mistaken, the last we saw one another face-to-face could be in November 1972 when we were all nervously sitting for our Higher School Certificate examinations. Yes, it was actually that long ago. But he has a good memory. He actually remembered the old apom seller beside my home in Seang Tek Road.



No comments: