Friday 15 November 2013

Li Chun (立春), 2014


Li Chun (立春) is going to be very different for my family and I in 2014. No more can we depend on our old aunt to do everything when the first day of Spring comes rolling by. You see, she had passed away in May. It has been, what, half a year already! Time flies.

But life must go on with or without her, and we've got to continue with this tradition of getting ready to stick this piece of red paper with the Chinese character Chun 春 on the family rice bucket on the fourth of February. Luckily, I had already purchased several copies of it last year when she insisted that I do so. (Last checked: good for five more years of usage!)

As usual, though, my own ritual begins by consulting that reference book of Joey Yap's, The Ten Thousand Year Calendar, which I hope to get him to autograph at his fengshui talk in Penang next year.

According to the page on Year 2014, Li Chun will coincide with the fifth day of Chinese New Year and the time that Spring begins officially is at 6.05 a.m. That's the time when we shall have to stick that piece of red paper on the rice bucket.

Meantime, here are my past blog entries on Li Chun through the years:
Li Chun, 2013
Li Chun, 2012
Li Chun, 2011
Li Chun, 2010
Li Chun, 2009
Li Chun, 2008
Li Chun, 2007

No comments: