Sunday 22 December 2013

Weird dream

Today is Tung Chik or Tang Chik. The day of the winter solstice. The day when our nearest star in the sky, the very familiar sun, will be furthest away from the equator. I woke up this morning at 6.45a.m. Outside, it was still dark. I was wondering why I had woken up so early on a Sunday. Then I remembered. I just had a dream and what a curious dream it was!

I dreamt that I was back in school and was sitting for a mathematics examination, and I turned in a blank answer paper because I was distracted by another schoolmate cooking delicious food next to me.

And then inexplicably, I appeared at an eating stall and I emptied out all my pockets to remove several big bunches of keys. All of a sudden, I began climbing a long flight of stone steps back to the school and once inside the classroom - I even remembered the teacher's name as Rejab - I kept hearing someone shouting "five minutes more, five minutes more."

I looked at the mathematics papers. Subjective-style questions that required answers to 120 complicated questions all within one hour. There were calculators and pencils around me, but none on my desk. However, I wasn't panicking. I was the coolest dude in the room.

Oh yes, the schoolmate's food was still there, piping hot and tempting me. Should I eat it or should I start the test? Then I awoke.


No comments: