Wednesday 25 December 2013

Year-end joke


Okay okay, I have heard this joke before but I've also forgotten about it. However, my memory has just been jolted by someone posting this same very joke on facebook. So before I forget about it again, here is the joke which I'm dedicating to all my chess friends around the globe. Merry Christmas, if you are celebrating. Happy holidays, if you are not.
The big chess tournament was taking place at the Plaza in New York. After the first day's competition, many of the winners were sitting around in the foyer of the hotel talking about their matches and bragging about their wonderful play. After a few drinks they started getting louder and louder until finally, the desk clerk couldn't take any more and kicked them out. The next morning the Manager called the clerk into his office and told him there had been many complaints about his being so rude to the hotel guests....instead of kicking them out, he should have just asked them to be less noisy. The clerk responded, "I'm sorry, but if there's one thing I can't stand, it's chess nuts boasting in an open foyer."

No comments: