Wednesday 22 January 2014

Joey Yap's Penang seminar


My wife and I attended the Joey Yap seminar on fengshui and astrology at the Hotel Equatorial in Bukit Jambul, Penang on Sunday. I would estimate a sell-out crowd of at least 2,000 people.

Apart from Yap's sessions, the counters selling his books and fengshui courses were enjoying fantastically booming business! In particular, I found many people milling around his range of new works on the Qi Men Dun Jia (奇門遁甲) (Mystical Doors) and some even buying the whole set of books on the subject!

Prior to attending this seminar, we had already promised one another not to buy another of his books because we simply don't have time to read them! And yet, I guess the temptation was too much for her as she came away stealthily with a book and a software. As I don't have the time to install the software yet, I don't know what it is all about....


Finally, I managed to get Joey Yap to sign on my well-thumbed copy of the 10,000-Year Calendar book. I had meant to get this signed by him several years back but always, it had slipped my mind. Not this year, though. I made it a point to keep the book in the car so that I could slip into my backpack on the day of the event.

We then lined up quickly to have our picture taken after the book was signed. But one of his staff was even quicker and managed to catch us off-guard as we waited for this chap to use our camera.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,by any chance u have the qi men dun jia ten thousand years calendar? Pls contact me.at erinheng@gmail.com if u do?thanks in advance!