Monday 17 February 2014

The two Penang bridges


For a very long time, I have known that the Hotel Equatorial in Bukit Jambul, Penang, provides a very nice view of the south-eastern part of the island. When I was still working at JobStreet.com, the lower ground floor corridor of the hotel had always provided me with a brief escape from the job stress. But ever since I retired from this company more than four years ago, I haven't had many opportunities to return to this place. However, I always remember seeing the sprawling Bukit Jambul golf course below me whenever I walk along the corridor. In the far distance would be the Penang Bridge.

Just very recently, I had the occasion to visit this hotel again. Re-took in the view. But then, I realised suddenly that on my right, just after the Jerejak island, I could see the second Penang Bridge too. This actually makes the hotel very uniquely placed among all the hotels in the state. It has a good vantage point. In one fell swoop of the view, anyone could - on a clear day, of course - see both the first and second bridge linkages to the mainland.

The picture below will show you what I mean but unfortunately, the two bridges are simply too small to be noticed clearly. But just to let you know that they are there. P.S. If you cannot see the picture well in this story, just click on it and the picture will pop out.




No comments: