Monday 10 March 2014

Back to school


I was back to the old Alma Mater this morning. Brought with me Dr John Wu and his lovely wife, Margaret. Dr Wu had been invited to the Penang Free School to give a talk to the Sixth Form students and he touched on a subject matter close to his heart: his father, Dr Wu Lien-Teh, who would have been 135-years-old, if he were still alive today.





(Left to right: William Tan, Margaret Wu, John Wu, myself and the school's senior assistant for administration, Ho Nean Chan. Like myself, both William and Ho are also Old Boys of the School.)

And here we are, in the Headmaster's room for the first time in my life, prior to the start of the talk at the Lecture Theatre, Sixth Form Block. That's Jalil Saad, an Old Boy and current headmaster of the school.





No comments: