Wednesday 16 April 2014

Curry mee in the city


Recently, I was introduced to this curry mee stall along Kimberley Street in George Town, Penang, by my fellow Old Free, Heng Swee. (This composite picture was copied from his facebook entry.)

Therefore, when I was on the island on Monday on the occasion of celebrating the official birthday of my Kongsi's resident deity, Poh Seng Tai Tay, I remembered to take some time off from my schedule to partake in this popular Penang hawker food.

I must say that my friend's enthusiasm was not misplaced or found wanting. This hawker's version of curry mee was really excellent.

I had mine with some extra ingredients thrown in - a squid and a pair of chicken claws - and together with a cup of steaming hot local black coffee, the price was just RM7.60. Definitely affordable and enjoyable as a treat while spending time with friends or family.

Looks messy but boy, oh, boy, the taste was fabulous.



No comments: