Saturday 24 May 2014

Making a simple solution difficult


I was at the Safira Country Club in Seberang Jaya yesterday morning. Went there after dropping my wife off at her office nearby and then decided to use the club's gymnasium facilities. And after I had tidied myself up and about to go off, I decided to ask the person in charge of the physical activity section - the club has a swimming pool, gymnasium, sauna, tennis court, golf, futsal among many other facilities - to enlist someone to check into the ladies' changing room for a hair brush that my wife might have left behind yesterday evening. 

The chap couldn't locate the housekeeping lady and asked me to come back in the afternoon! So I suggested instead that he could ask one of the ladies in the administration section to help. He hesitated so much that I had to do it myself. 

I put my request to the male staff at the counter and instead of doing what I wanted him to do, he decided to go through their lost and found section and said there was no hair brush. I said, why don't you ask one of your female colleagues to help?? I just needed her to go into the changing room and look. What was so difficult about that? What was so difficult about opening his mouth to ask? 

In the end, the club manager ambled by and came to my assistance. And at the same time too, a lady staff had already come out to help me. She went into the changing room and presto, she found my wife's hair brush immediately. It was by the sink and now, it is with me. I thanked her profusely and we exchanged some small talk before I went off. 

This incident is not about the hair brush but the attitude of the people at the club. I really can't fathom why sometimes, it is so difficult to do something simple. Why would they need to make a mountain out of a molehill? I just can't understand.



No comments: