Saturday 21 June 2014

City lights from Penang Hill


This was the scenery from Penang Hill last night, looking out to the city of George Town in the far distance. However, with the hazy days are upon us again, all attempts to take a reasonable photograph from up the hill was a challenge. Too fast a shutter speed would mean that the city lights would turn up as tiny random pricks of light only, and too slow a shutter speed would mean that the haze particles would start dispersing the city lights. Moreover, the spotlights from the City Stadium were throwing my exposure out of whack. In addition, I also had problem with the manual controls on my compact digital camera last night. So this ugly shot was about the best that I could achieve, unfortunately. There are better pictures elsewhere on my blog.





No comments: