Thursday 9 October 2014

Blood moon


I had missed the lunar eclipse yesterday. I was driving to the island and although I looked everywhere towards east, where the full moon was rising, I could not detect it because of obstructing buildings. By the time I was able to get a clear look at the eastern sky, the eclipse was over and all that I could see was a very bright full moon.

Luckily though, very much earlier in the day, I had alerted a friend to be on the look-out for the so-called blood moon, because it would acquire a deep magenta colour during the phenomenon. Though he was also on the move in the early evening, he did manage to capture several images of the moon. Fortunately for him and for me, there was this one shot that was sharp enough and it clearly showed the eclipsed moon:

(Picture by Tang Long Kin)




No comments: